Sunday, June 1, 2008

Privacy Policy for Negative Calorie Foods Diet

Privacy Policy
As a paranoid non techie, I hate spammers or anything even close to them. I completely and totally respect your privacy and am committed to safeguarding it while you are visiting my blogs. The following discloses the information gathering practices for this site.

Tracking
I use Statcounter to determine how many people visit this blog and to find out where the traffic is coming from. Statcounter collects basic information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. I use this information to learn what is popular on the site and what keywords people use to find me. It is important to note that IP addresses, etc. are NOT linked to personally identifiable information.

Cookies
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Most web browsers will accept cookies by default, but they can be set to reject cookies, either from all websites or from specific sites. You can also manually delete cookies from your web browser. These options are generally set through a "Privacy" setting in your browser setup. I don’t set cookies directly on this site, but outside advertising providers on this site, basically Google, do use cookies to collect data on browsing habits. I personally have no control over these cookies or access to the information collected by Google. You can read more about their privacy policy here.

Links and comments
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that I am not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. I encourage my users to be aware when they leave this site to read the privacy statements of each outside website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site. Also, please note that if you leave a comment on this blog, I will follow the link to make sure it's appropriate. I basically don't care as long as its not inappropriate adult material. It is up to you to choose whether or not to include a link back to your site. Also note that comments can be left anonymously if you wish.

Required Google Privacy Update
As required by Google, here is the information that is required by Google to be included in every privacy policy with Adsense.
  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.
Contact Information
If readers have any questions or suggestions regarding my privacy policy, please contact me by email. Thanks.

No comments: